Apr 8, 2007

Use of English: Error Correction

Complete and send to paolaraya@hotmail.com

Read the text below. Some of the lines contain an extra, incorrect word. If there is an extra, incorrect word in the line, write the word on the right of the line. If the line is correct, write 'OK'.There is an example at the beginning.

Example: 0 over
00 ok

A Holiday Job

0 Congratulations on getting over your teaching diploma. Your
00 parents must be really proud of you. I've got some great news.
1 one of my father's friends who has a small travel agency, and
2 she has been very kindly given me a holiday job. It was
3 difficult in the beginning because I tend to find it very hard to
4 get up in the morning. My boss is very keen on some punctuality,
5 and because I was often late I got into terrible trouble
6 at first. So I make sure of I'm always on time now. I have to
7 work very hard and, although the pay isn't much good, I'm
8 quite enjoying myself so far yet. The main thing I've learnt
9 to do is how to give up detailed information to customers over the
10 phone. Unfortunately, I also have to make the coffee and do other
11 boring things! Sometimes there's no-one except from me in the
12 office and it gets really busy. I intend to working until the end of
13 the month and then I'm going off on a short holiday by the
14 sea, where I just hope I'll manage to relax myself on the
15 beach before going back to college in next month

No comments: